Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dr Phil's Wife :)

Last night the Ems gods were out to get us again once we were jinxed by my wonderful boyfriend :) I was supposed to be off at 7 pm and it was 640 and of course what happens....107 code 3! I dont really mind being held over though because double time is worth it in this economy! Well we get to the aparment walk to the door and walk on in to find a 20 year old male walking to greet us. The first thing he says is this isn't really an emergency my toes hurt and i woke up to find them this way. His toes looked fine however his nail was peeling off of one. Everything checked out, his vitals were fine so i explained to him. What an emergency is and what the 9-1-1 system is for. I even went on to explain that there is a urgent care 1 block away. His wonderful "wife" who looked about 16 by the way began ranted that this is an emergency to him and that if he were to walk the block away he might drop dead. I assured her in my 8 years as a Medical professional i have never seen someone die from toe pain. I went on to explain an emergency is chest pain a car accident your baby lying on the floor not breathing and that this is nothing more than abuse of the 91-1 System. I let him know we would take him if he wants to go however that we would be taking only him not his "wife" as i did not want her anywhere near my ambulance with her destructive attitude and i was not about to jeopardize mine or my partners safety. Needless to say she ranted and screamed the entire time we were there only stopping to tell me that they have family in Compton and Highland. After i explained everything he got mad said get out of my house. He signed my ama I went out the door! He slammed it  in my face but not before calling me DR PHILS WIFE. Lol I have never laughed so hard in my head. My partner and I ran to the unit with our gear in tow rushed to put the gurney in and got the f out of there!

No comments:

Post a Comment