Saturday, June 26, 2010

Motorcycle Down

Now I shall tell you the story of the man I killed. We received the call to a motorcycle down. We arrived on scene to find the man halfway under a car. Apparently he decided he was going to drive around the turning car as he was coming down from the mountain. Well the car turned left and he hit it. He was going way too fast. He never had a chance. But I wished he did. I wanted to save him. I wanted him to thank me and most of all I wanted to not feel the way I did six months after he died. We got him out of under the car. I particularly remember the BLS firemen asking me what I wanted to do and I said lets get him out. He immediately turned to me and said I cant breath. On his face he wore a pediatric non rebreathing mask I switched it to an adult. It didn't really matter. He kept yelling at me I cant breath over and over. I began working on him. I started an iv. The cop came over and asked to talk to him I told him you can try and he was incomprehensible. I began to breath for him. I watched him speak his last words and I watched him take his last breath. I intubated him. I started a needle thoracostomy which in lay mans terms is a needle in his chest that enters his lung to relieve pressure. His lungs were full of blood. The blood ran up his intubation tube and he didn't have a chance His heart stopped beating. We began CPR. He never came back. He drowned in his own blood. At the hospital we found his id and illegal drugs in his pocket he was only 42. I didn't kill him he killed himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment